Courses We Offer
We currently offer Climate Schools modules aimed at students in Grades 8-10 (approximate ages 13-16 years) for the following health and wellbeing topics:
- Alcohol Education (Grade 8)
- Alcohol & Cannabis Education (Grade 8 or 9)
- Psychostimulant & Cannabis Education (Grade 10)
For best results we recommend running the modules consecutively over the school years with your students. However, if you are unable to do this, each module can also be delivered independently.
What's in a Climate Schools module?
Each Climate Schools module addresses a particular topic, e.g. alcohol education, and has been developed to
address health and personal development syllabus outcomes. The modules are designed to be easily implemented across one school term
and are made up of 6 core lessons. Each lesson runs for approximately 40-minutes and consists of 2 parts:
- Part 1: Online cartoon scenarios (20 mins) – Completed individually by students over the internet. Students are also provided with a student summary for each lesson.
- Part 2: Activities (20 mins) – Teachers can choose to deliver additional activities, which are designed to reinforce the information in the cartoons and allow interactive communication between students. These activities and lesson summaries are available to teachers online, or if requested, can be delivered in hard-copy to registered schools. Teachers are also provided with lesson outlines and links to the syllabus, implementation guidelines and teacher and student lesson summaries.